This is time to change the wall color! Consider the following tips for choosing the walls paint.
Paint is the material that most commonly used as siding. Nowadays, manufacturers are launching different types of paint with a variety of functions and advantages. The paint also comes with varied colors; moreover you can also be creative to make your own paint colors.
Choosing good wall paint is an important subject. Quality paint will produce a nice color. In addition, the paint quality is also more durable, making you more efficient by not having to repaint the walls in the house. Well, what should be considered in selecting the wall paint?
1. Collect information on the brand and type of paint. Find out the brand of good quality, which is not easy to fade, peel, and certainly more durable. Choose also the paint with the result smooth and flat color so as to facilitate the painting and the results is satisfactory. Now the wall paint also consists of several types, select that suits your needs.
2. After determining the desired brand, do not rush to buy in bulk. For the first time, buy in small sizes. Try to apply at the wall and see the results given. Surely if it is not to your liking, you will not regret to buy in large quantities.
3. Color is an important aspect, therefore notice in choosing paint colors. View color catalog provided by the paint manufacturer to help you in choosing the color. You can also be creative to create your own color, by mixing several colors of paint. Each color can give the impression of shades and different, both on the interior and exterior of the house. In addition, note how application of paint, so that the end result will not disappoint.
In addition to important terms of aesthetics, the walls paint also needed for protection. Selection of the correct paint is highly recommended for best results. There are things you need to know to choose the right paint.
Paint is a liquid that will form a layer on the substrate surface (painted objects) after the liquid dry. Its function is to protect the substrate (bottom layer), and increase the aesthetic value. With a fresh coat of paint, the surface is also so much easier to clean.
There are 4 ways to distinguish the types of paint, that of the substrate, function, type of binder, and type of solvent.
1. Based on the substrate, consisting of a paint timber, iron, wall, stone, glass, and others.
2. Based on the functions of putty / wood filler, filler wall, plamir, primer, surface, sanding sealer, sealer, topcoat, and others.
3. Based on the type of binder (binder) consisting of acrylic paint, melamin, NC (nitrocellulose), epoxy, synthetic, and others.
4. Solvent is a solvent based paint solvent / thinner (Solvent based) and water solvent paint (water based). ”
Interior vs. Exterior
There are differences in the paint for the interior and exterior. Paint for exterior (outside the home) is more protective of the weather, while the interior paint (inside the house) further highlights the aesthetic aspects. So, obviously the interior paint cannot be used for the exterior.
Interior paint can be seen from the smoothness appearance of layers of paint and color and also easy to clean in order to facilitate maintenance, it is not easy to mold if applied in a fairly humid area (wet area), the paint layer can cover the cracks in the walls. Just as important, free of heavy metal content (heavy metal).
While the exterior paint, in addition to giving the aesthetic aspect of the wall, it also serves to protect the walls from the weather. Wall to wall sun, rain, plus the change in temperature due to climate change making the outer walls are damaged quickly. It needs paint that is resistant to weather that is not easily damaged. Damage caused seepage water during the rainy season into the wall. Usually lead to spots on the wall.
One of the important things to consider when choosing paint is the content of harmful substances in it.
Dangerous types of pigments are commonly used lead Chromate gave green, yellow, and red, Chromium gives green, yellow and orange, and cadmium gave green, yellow, orange and red. Safe paints do not contain hazardous materials.
It’s not always desired paint color available in store. That’s why mixing paint inevitably be one way out. If this path should you choose, you should follow the manufacturer’s recommendation mixing paint.
For example, the walls paint, usually mixed with clean water up to 20 percent. Mixing should not be done directly in the can, pour into another container first, newly added water, and stir until blended. It is important to keep the paint is not easily damaged because of water mixed with non sterile.
Note well that the walls will be painted. If the new wall, make sure the wall has dried perfectly, i.e. after 28 days. Another thing that is also very important is content of the walls. Ask the person who understands to measure alkalinity house walls would you paint. If the pH level (acidity level) above 8, the levels are still high and the walls have not been painted readied.
The result is depending on the cleanliness of the wall. The walls should be completely free of dust and dirt. Clean the wall of the former cement splashes, liming, dirt, grease, and other impurities. Use coarse sandpaper or with a brush soaked in clean water. To clean the moss or mildew, wash the walls with a 10 -15 percent chlorine solution, then rinse with clean water and let dry.
So what if you are not comfortable with the color or quality of the paint that is smeared on the walls? Wait until the paint dry on the walls, new paint coat again with another color. Because the walls paint provide a solid color or closed, the color of the previous layer will not affect the origin of the lid of the paint (hiding power) is good.
Choose the Right Color of the paint.
1. Color to the inside can be any color and freer because almost no influence of the weather.
2. While the outside, you should avoid colors that contain red element because it has a light fastness (resistance to light) is low.
3. Always use color scheme (color scheme) to combine the types of colors. It also shades the tastes regarding what you want displayed (color psychology).
4. To narrow room with a low ceiling, you should use light colors so the room seem spacious.